Australian chop suey
- 500g mince
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small cabbage chopped
- 2 small carrots sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Curry Powder
- 1 packet chicken noodle soup
- 1 large cup of rice
- 4 cups of hot water
- 1 tin pineapple pieces
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Melt butter in large electric fry pan, add chopped onion, cabbage and carrots. Cook until glassy.
- Break up mince and add to this, cook until meat is browned. Add salt and pepper to taste, curry powder, according to taste and the chicken noodle soup (dry) . Mix together, sprinkle the rice over the top of the mixture and add the hot water.
- Cook for about 15 mins or until water has been absorbed, stirring occasionally as mixture may stick to bottom.
- Add 1 tin of pineapple in syrup after mixture is cooked, and allow to heat through and take up some of the juice allowing the juice to be absorbed.
was easy to make, and enjoyed by all - 03 Jun 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. i added 2 packets of soup mix and a french onion mix for added flavour - 03 Jun 2010