1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 kg good quality beef cuts
- vinegar to sprinkle over
- marinade of your choice: traditionally a combination of coriander, sugar and salt and pepper - but you can add chilli, garlic, peanut butter -- up to you!
Preparation:7days › Extra time:2min › Ready in:7days2min
- Wash the meat. With the back of a big knife or a meat mallet, pummel the meat until softened.
- Sprinkle the vinegar over the meat.
- Then place your meat into your prepared marinade, making sure it has absorbed your marinade.
- Place the marinated meat onto a tray and in the fridge for a few hours, draining off the excess liquid when refrigerated.
- In a half and half vinegar/water solution, quickly dip the meat in to remove the surface salt.
- Make a hole in one end of the meat and thread the strong through, tying it to the meat with some length on the other end.
- Hang/suspend the meat (put some paper down under it to avoid potential dripping!) in a warm place for about a week or so until it is dry.
- Consume at will.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!