Choc Mint Cherry Ice Cream Cake
3 people made this
This is an easy dessert that can be made well in advance for Christmas Day...and it's a cool ending to a summer meal. Serve with fresh cherries on the side.
3/4 cup raw almonds
1 x 80g Cherry Ripe bar
3 x 35g Peppermint Crisp bars
1 x 40g Mint Aero bar
1.8 litre tub vanilla ice cream
- Leave the tub of ice cream out to melt.
- Line a tray with baking paper and toast the almonds at 180 degrees C for 10-15 mins.
- Allow to cool and chop the almonds finely on a board or in a food processor.
- Chop the candy bars into tiny pieces. (It helps if they are cold from the fridge)
- Once the ice cream has melted, tip it into a large bowl for mixing.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the nuts (reserve some for the base later).
- Stir through the chopped candy bars.
- Prepare a 13x23cm loaf tin by wetting it and lining it with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the tin, smoothing the top.
- Finally coat the top evenly with the rest of the toasted almonds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- To serve: leave out for a few minutes to melt slightly, and turn upside down onto a board or serving platter. Remove plastic wrap and slice. Serve with fresh cherries on the side.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate