- Line 6- to 8-cup (1.5 to 2 L) pudding mould or 23x13cm loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving enough overhang to cover top; set aside.
- In large microwaveable bowl, combine pineapple, red and green cherries, raisins and brandy; microwave at High for 2 minutes, stirring twice. Let cool completely. (Or cover and soak at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight.)
- Soften ice cream in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Stir pecans and almonds into fruit mixture; stir in ice cream. Pack into prepared mould, smoothing top. Cover with overhang and freeze until solid, about 12 hours.
- To serve, let pudding stand in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Using overhang, remove from pan. Dip sharp knife in hot water and wipe dry; slice pudding. Serve with sauce.
- To make the Chocolate Orange Sauce: In small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup to boil; add chocolate, liqueur and orange rind, whisking until smooth. Let stand until thickened, about 15 minutes. (Make-ahead: Transfer to airtight container. Place plastic wrap directly on surface; cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Reheat before serving.)
- Makes about 3/4 cup - enough for 12 servings.
To toast nuts, place in single layer on baking sheet; bake in 180°C oven until golden, about 6 minutes.
You can use honey or golden syrup if you cant find corn syrup.
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes.com.au staff, to include measures and ingredients more familiar to Australian and New Zealand home cooks.