Crumbed Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 90g grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Preparation:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan and Italian herbs. Dip chicken breasts in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place coated chicken on a baking tray or dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning chicken over after 15 minutes.
Something else. I added cayenne pepper, cumin, ground coriander, paprika, sugar, salt, corn flour and cardamon to the crumb mix. I also mixed the egg with a little milk. I basically combined this recipe with spices from a southern fried chicken recipe. I used this chicken to make lunch salad wraps, really yummy and great texture. - 12 Nov 2008
Something else. I make a Parmesan Chicken that is almost identical to this one that my family LOVES! I cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 3-4 pieces and pound them out really thin, salt & pepper them, dredge in flour, then beaten egg and then in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture. Fry them in 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil till golden brown! Don't over cook them or the meat gets really dry. If you do this one right the outside is very crispy & crunchy with a moist, juicy, tender inside. One of my family's favourite summertime comfort foods, hands down! The ultimate comfort food! - 08 Oct 2008
Used different ingredients. I added fresh basil, coriander and green peppercorns to the whole grain bread crumbs I used. Then instead of a sprinkling of mozzarella I used provolone. Honey said it was the best parm ever! Really great easy recipe without the deep fry makes this an A+ - 13 Jun 2011