- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Heat the butter and olive oil, over moderate heat, in a baking dish on top of the stove.
- Add the veal and rosemary to the baking dish, season generously with pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the meat is golden and sealed on all sides.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and cook the veal for a further 10 minutes. Remove the dish from oven and keep the veal in a warm place while you make the sauce.
- Place the baking dish back on the stove top and add the sherry, red currant jelly and butter. Cook, stirring, over moderate heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Cut the veal fillets in half, arrange on individual plates and pour over the sauce.
A purée of parsnips and some steamed baby beans will accompany this dish perfectly.
You can use eye fillet of beef instead of the veal. To serve rare, it will take the same cooking time.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group and E, and iron and zinc.