Thai chicken fillet salad
- 2 chicken half breast fillets
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon Thai-style sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 6 spring onions, white part only
- 3 stems lemon grass
- a bunch of mint
- 1 large avocado
- ½ lemon
- salad greens
Preparation:25min › Cook:10min › Ready in:35min
- Grill the chicken fillets under moderate heat for 5–6 minutes. Meanwhile, squeeze enough juice from the limes to give 1/3cup and put aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, cut into fine strips. Place in a bowl and pour over the lime juice, chilli sauce and fish sauce. Toss with a spoon to combine well. Put aside.
- Finely chop the spring onions. Peel and finely chop the lemon grass. Finely chop enough mint to give 4 tablespoons. Add to the chicken mixture and toss to combine well.
- Peel and slice the avocado and arrange on four serving plates. Sprinkle with some juice from the half lemon to prevent discoloration.
- Rinse the salad greens, if necessary, and arrange with the avocado slices on individual plates. Spoon the chicken mixture onto the salad just before serving.
Instead of chicken breast fillets, you can use tender lamb fillets; if you do, omit the fish sauce.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C and E, and iron.
Nothing special about this recipe. It could definitely do with more components ie tomato added to make it more interesting. Also the dressing was pretty average. I've had better! - 19 Jun 2010