Be the first to make this!
Crushed strawberries mixed into a yoghurt and vanilla meringue are transformed into a light-as-air treat.
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon caster sugar
2 large egg whites
250g natural yoghurt, chilled
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
To serve: almond biscotti
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Hull the strawberries. Halve two large ones for a decoration and put the rest into a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon caster sugar and crush with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form a soft peak, then gradually add the remaining caster sugar, whisking well after each addition, to make a stiff meringue.
- Add the yoghurt and the vanilla essence to the meringue and gently fold in with a metal spoon.
- Fold the mashed strawberries and their juice into the yoghurt mixture. Be careful not to mix too vigorously, or the light, airy texture will be lost.
- Spoon the meringue into four 200-ml glasses and decorate with the reserved strawberry halves. Serve immediately with the almond biscotti, or chill for 2–3 hours.
Omit the almond biscotti and decorate the top of each strawberry cloud with a sprinkling of chopped, toasted almonds or pecans.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins B group, C and E.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate