- Rinse and dry the salad leaves and arrange on a serving plate.
- Seed and slice the chilli. Top and tail the beans and carrots, halving the carrots lengthways if they are thick.
- Peel the shallots and cut into halves or quarters if large. Trim the asparagus and cut the stalks into 2.5-cm lengths.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a large frying pan. Peel the garlic and crush it into the pan, then add the sliced chilli and stir-fry over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the beans and carrots and continue to fry for 1–2 minutes more.
- Add the shallots and asparagus and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add the sherry, cover the pan and cook for 1minute more.
- Cut the smoked salmon into strips, if necessary, add to the pan, cover and cook for 1 minute. Then add the soy sauce and caster sugar and stir well. Leave the sauce to heat through.
- To serve, spoon the smoked salmon mixture over the prepared salad leaves and sprinkle with the coriander leaves.
A bowl of steamed new potatoes is an excellent accompaniment to this crunchy stir-fry.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C, E and folate.