- Peel and chop the ginger and put aside. Cut the broccoli into slices and the leek into matchstick-thin strips. Chop the watercress and top and tail the snow peas. Put them all aside, along with the baby corn.
- If using lamb fillet, cut it into eight 2.5cm medallions. Brush the medallions, or the noisettes, with the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Warm a frying pan over moderate heat, add the lamb and dry-fry for 2 minutes, or until browned underneath. Turn and fry for 3–4 minutes more, until cooked but slightly pink in the centre. Cover the pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the ginger and all the prepared vegetables; stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the stock and soy sauce to the vegetables and season to taste, then cover and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Place two lamb medallions on each plate and spoon the vegetables over and alongside them.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C and E, and zinc.
If lamb fillet or lamb noisettes are not readily available, cut the eye of meat from eight lamb loin chops and use these instead.