Focaccia in the Bread Machine
- 1 cup (250ml) lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stem removed and leaves chopped
- 3 cups (410g) bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
- extra 2 tablespoons olive oil
- extra 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, stem removed and leaves chopped
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Place water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, garlic, rosemary, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle and press Start.
- Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is completed. Pat dough into either a 23x33cm baking pan or 30cm pizza pan. Use your fingers to dimple the dough every 2 cm or so. Brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Cover foccacia with cling wrap while oven preheats.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Used different ingredients. I've made this focaccia many times, and it's one of my family's favourites. One variation that I've found helps to give it more flavour is to sprinkle the top with coarse kosher salt (in addition to the rosemary leaves). It makes the top nice and crunchy, as well as more flavourful. - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. I found this bread to be very good. However, I did make some changes. I used 2 cups of plain white flour + 1 cup of whole wheat flour. I also used 1 tsp. of garlic powder instead of the chopped garlic, and I used dried rosemary rather than fresh. My husband and I both loved this bread. It was so simple and turned out wonderfully. I will definitely make it again. - 29 Sep 2008
Made it healthier. Just cut the salt to 1/4 of a teaspoon for the recommended low salt content of <120mg per 100g. - Have fun - 03 Oct 2009