- Discard the tough outer leaves and two-thirds of the green tops from the leeks, then slice thinly, widthways. Place in a colander and rinse under cold running water, then drain well.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over moderate heat. Chop the tarragon.
- Add the leeks to the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes, or until just beginning to wilt.
- Stir in the grated carrots and add salt, pepper and the chopped tarragon. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes, then serve.
You can vary the choice of fresh herb to suit your own taste, or use whatever herb is available.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C, E and folate.