- Preheat the griller to high. Scrub the new potatoes and boil in salted water for 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the sausages for about 10 minutes, or according to the manufacturer's instructions, turning often until they are cooked through and browned.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan. Peel and chop the shallot and the garlic, add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until soft and just turning brown.
- Chop the parsley and chives. Add to the pan, with the mustard and flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from the half lemon and add to the pan with the vinegar, olive oil and sugar. Return the pan to the heat and bring the mixture slowly to the boil, stirring, until smooth and thick. Add salt and pepper to taste, then take the pan off the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and put into a serving dish. Slice the sausages and mix with the potatoes, then pour over the hot dressing. Crumble the cheese over the top and serve.
The vegetarian sausages can be omitted if you like, and the salad served as a side dish.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins B group, C and E.
Garlic chives add a stronger, much more garlicky flavour to the salad, but if they are difficult to find you can use ordinary chives instead.