- For the marinade, finely grate the lemon rind into a large, shallow dish. Squeeze the juice and add to the rind along with the honey and the nut oil. Mix and put aside.
- As you prepare the fruits, add them to the marinade. Hull the strawberries. Halve the pineapple rings. Peel the banana and cut into four. Quarter and core the pear, then slice each quarter into two. Slice off and discard each end of the starfruit, trim along the ridges with a potato peeler, then cut into four thick slices. Put all the fruit aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the griller to medium.
- Thread the marinated fruit onto four metal skewers about 25cm long. Begin with a piece of pineapple, then a strawberry, some pear, banana, strawberry then pear, and finish with a slice of starfruit, threaded on horizontally so that the star shape lies flat.
- Place the skewers on the rack of the griller tray and brush with the marinade. Grill for 3 minutes, baste with the marinade and grill for a further 2 minutes. Turn the kebabs and repeat until the fruit is golden, with some crunchy dark patches.
- While the fruit is under the griller, toast the chopped hazelnuts.
- Transfer the cooked fruit kebabs very carefully onto a serving dish and sprinkle the toasted hazelnuts evenly over the top. Serve with the thick cream.
In summer, these kebabs can be cooked very successfully outdoors on the griller rack of a barbecue.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins B group, C and E.
Fruit softens considerably when grilled, so make sure you cut it into quite generous pieces and skewer each piece centrally so that nothing falls off during cooking or when serving.