Easy Coffee Biscuits
Serves : 24
- 155g butter
- 125g soft dark brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon low fat milk
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
Preparation:25min › Cook:10min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, caster sugar, egg, vanilla and milk until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, bicarb soda, baking powder and instant coffee. Add to sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Shape dough in 2cm balls. If it's too soft to shape, chill it for a while. Place balls 5cm apart on baking trays. Flatten to 1cm thickness with fork or glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Altered ingredient amounts. I was distracted with the TV and added half a teaspoon of bicarb soda and baking power rather than quarter. No harm done. Also added shredded macadamia nuts, which worked well! - 30 Jan 2009
I tried them out and they were brilliant. I loved their flavour. Thanks for sharing! - 07 Mar 2010
You're right Kev... but I think there is no ginger. Its just about coffee. Maybe you could add some powdered ginger and let us know?! :-) I added some macadamias as suggested....yum. - 12 Mar 2009