- Preheat the chargrill or griller.
- Chop enough tarragon to give 2 tablespoons; put some sprigs aside for a garnish. Squeeze the lemon to give 2 tablespoons juice.
- Beat the butter and chopped tarragon together, then beat in the lemon juice and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Form into a cylinder, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- Brush the veal cutlets with oil and a good grinding of pepper on both sides. Place on the char-grill or under the griller and cook for 5–7 minutes each side, until golden brown outside and pink inside.
- Serve the cutlets with a slice of tarragon butter on each. Garnish with the reserved tarragon sprigs.
A good accompaniment is sliced capsicum and whole salad onions char-grilled at the same time.
If you prefer, the veal cutlets can be cooked on a hot barbecue.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group and E, and iron and zinc.