- Pre-heat oven to maximum setting. Pre-heat the grill pan or barbecue to very hot.
- Slice the capsicum across the stem end to remove the base, then remove the seeds with your fingertips. Arrange the capsicums on a baking tray and place in the oven. Roast for 10–12 minutes until the skin is charred. Remove from the oven and put aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Remove the zest from the lime and the lemon and squeeze the juices. Finely chop enough thyme to give about 2 tablespoons. Combine in a bowl with the octopus and the ½ cup oil. Marinate for 10–15 minutes.
- When the capsicums are cool, remove skins with fingertips. Slice the flesh into wide strips.
- Place the octopus on the grill pan or barbecue and cook over high heat for 5–6 minutes, spooning the marinade over regularly.
- Arrange the capsicum, rocket leaves and octopus on four serving plates. Drizzle each plate with 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with lime or lemon wedges.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C and folate, and iodine.
The octopus can be marinated for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator about 10–15 minutes before cooking.