1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 bunch watercress
- A few sprigs of parsley
- A few sprigs of basil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 large avocados
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns in brine
- To serve: endive, Melba toast
Preparation:18min › Ready in:18min
- Discard the stalks from the watercress, then rinse and dry the leaves and put aside. Strip the parsley and basil leaves from the stems and put aside.
- Chop the green tops of the spring onions, leaving the whites for another dish, and put them into a blender or food processor with the watercress, parsley and basil.
- Peel the garlic and crush it into the herbs. Grate the rind from the lemon, squeeze out the juice and add both rind and juice to the blender or processor.
- Halve and stone the avocados. Spoon the flesh into the blender or processor, season with salt and black pepper, and add the olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Garnish serving plates with endives. Spoon the purée into a bowl, sprinkle with the peppercorns and serve immediately, accompanied by the Melba toast.
The cream can also be spooned back into the shells before serving.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins B group, C and E.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!