1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1/2 kilo green king prawns
- seasoned plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- shredded coconut
- peanut oil for frying
- curry leaves, fresh
- 1 red chilli - chopped or to taste)
- Steamed rice and light soy sauce to serve
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Peel prawns leaving tails intact.
- Heat oil in wok or deep fryer.
- Put the flour, egg and coconut into three separate bowls. Coat the prawns first in flour, then egg, then coconut. Cook in batches of 4 - 6 prawns in hot oil until golden brown.
- Pick off curry leaves and deep fry for a few seconds until crisp
- Serve prawns on bed of steamed rice & sprinkle with curry leaves & fresh red chilli
- Soy sauce for dipping
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!