1 / 1 Picture by: Katch22
Banana Coconut Cream Pie
Katch22 South Australia, Australia
- 1 large banana sliced
- 1 sheet frozen short crust pastry, thawed
- 270ml tin light coconut milk for desserts
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted
Preparation:4hours › Cook:20min › Ready in:4hours20min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, lightly grease a 20cm x 3cm deep pie dish.
- Place short crust pastry in pie dish, cover with baking paper fill with raw rice or pastry weights. Bake for 15 minutes, remove paper & weight bake for a further 5 minutes. set aside to cool.
- In a small dry shallow frying pan lightly toast coconut, Set aside to cool.
- Heat coconut milk and milk in saucepan until boiling.
- Meanwhile whisk egg yolks 1/4 cup caster sugar, cornflour and vanilla together in a heatproof bowl. Gradually stir in hot milk mixture. Return to pot and whisk over low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, cover surface with plastic wrap. Leave to cool to room temperature. Pour into pastry case and refrigerate covered for 3 hours or until chilled and set.
- Place cream and 1/4 cup sugar in bowl and beat with electric mixer until cream thickens and soft peaks form.
- Thinly slice banana and layer over custard, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve.
have never made a pie like this before, i found it easy to make and the recipe was very accurate. It was really good, my family loved it, thankyou - 21 Oct 2009
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!