- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 170g butter, melted
- 1 cup (185g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup (110g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:15min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees celcius. Line two cookie trays with baking paper
- Sift the flour, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop big, round tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie trays, leaving plenty of room for spreading.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Something else. I let it cook undertime , to make it soft and i let it cool in the hot oven so it doesnt flatten like the first batch i made... - 15 Jan 2011
This is so yummy. Tried making it with half choc chips and half peanut butter chips. Hit the spot for me and my quake shatterd family. Cheers! - 01 Jul 2011
. Excellent, and just like those at Subway - 06 Jun 2011