Microwave Potato Bake
- 500g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (85ml) water
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (190ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (190g) sour cream
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
Preparation:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hour
- Place the potatoes, water, onion and stock in an ungreased microwave-safe 2 1/2 litre dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes until potatoes are tender and the stock is dissolved, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic; stir in milk until smooth. Pour over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Recipe works very well in the microwave so handy for when I have something else cooking in the oven because my oven doesn't cope well with more than one thing at once. I would not put the extra salt in it next time because I found the stock powder added enough but greatly enjoyed. - 18 Aug 2012