Rhubarb and Blackberry Pie
- 375g blackberries
- 185g finely chopped rhubarb
- 280g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ready-prepared shortcrust pastry case
- shortcrust pastry to cover
Preparation:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour
- Mix together blackberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour.
- Pour into unbaked pastry case. Dot filling with butter or margerine, and cover the top with shortcrust pastry.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees C and bake about 30 minutes or until pie is cooked and pastry golden.
Altered ingredient amounts. If I could give 6 stars I would...fantastic. I did increase the berries and the rhubarb by a litte (had extra). The pie wasn't runny at all. Fab! - 21 Jul 2008
so pleased with this its so pretty to look at with is lattice top - 16 May 2013
Simple to make ,even for a beginner like myself. Turned out Fantastic ,Was difficult to have just one piece - 09 May 2011