Easy Bacon and Egg Pie
47 people made this
A very easy Sunday night dinner or light lunch with a salad and uses ingredients most of us would have on hand. This can be eaten hot or at room temperature.
oil, as required
flaky puff pastry (Enough to line the base and sides of a pie dish with 20cm base measurement)
1 onion, finely diced
4-5 rashes of bacon, diced
6 eggs, fork whisked
1/2- 3/4 cup milk
salt and pepper, to taste
3/4 cup frozen or tinned corn kernals
1/2 - 3/4 cup (approx 90g) grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a 20cm base measurement pie dish with a little oil or grease it.
- Line the base and sides with the puff pastry, cutting and pasting around edges as required. Use a fork to prick the pastry on the base, being careful not to go all the way to the bottom
- Put a little oil into a fry pan and fry off the onions until soft. Remove and put into a bowl to cool a little.
- Place diced bacon into the same fry pan and fry off a little. Remove and put into a bowl to cool a little.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk with a fork. You could add some fresh herbs such as thyme etc. if wanted.
- Scatter the onion evenly over the base of the pie. Top the onion with the corn. Sprinkle the diced bacon evenly over the top. Top with the grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the onion, bacon, corn and cheese.
- Place into the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until pastry is golden and pie is cooked. Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
This recipe was quick and easy and tasted delicious!!!
- 01 Nov 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate