1 / 1 Picture by: SassyG
Easy Bacon and Egg pie
SassyG Waikato, New Zealand
- Flaky Puff Pastry (Enough to line the base and sides of a pie dish with 20cm base measurement)
- A little oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4-5 rashes of bacon, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen or tinned corn kernals
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup (approx 90g)grated cheese
- 6 eggs, fork whipped
- 1/2- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Spray a 20cm base measurement pie dish with a little oil or grease it.
- Line the base and sides with the puff pastry, cutting and pasting around edges as required. Use a fork to prick the pastry on the base, being careful not to go all the way to the bottom
- Put a little oil into a fry pan and fry off the onions until soft. Remove and put into a bowl to cool a little.
- Place diced bacon into the same pan and fry off a little. Remove and put into a bowl to cool a little.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk with a fork. You could add some fresh herbs such as thyme etc. if wanted.
- Scatter the onion evenly over the base of the pie.
- Top the onion with the corn.
- Sprinkle the diced bacon evenly over the top.
- Top with the grated cheese
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top
- Place into oven for 30-45 minutesor until pastry is golden and pie is cooked. Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 5mins before cutting and serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!