1 / 1 Picture by:
Ana's strawberry cheesecake
parimal.anand Western Australia, Australia
Serves : 4
- 2 cups strawberries (approx 300g)
- 8-10 bran biscuits or digestive biscuits
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian gelatin
- 2 cups cottage cheese , grated (500g)
- 1 cup (250g) yoghurt
- ½ small apple
- 1 small sprig fresh mint leaves
Preparation:1hour › Cook:1hour › Ready in:2hours
- Crush biscuits to a coarse powder and put it into a bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave for one minute on HIGH (100%). Soak vegetable gelatin in hot water in a bowl and stir till it dissolves completely. Add melted butter to the biscuit powder and mix.
- Transfer this mixture into the spring form tin and press to make a base. Level the surface and keep it in the refrigerator to set. Put grated cottage cheese in the mixer bowl. Add yoghurt, condensed milk and crushed strawberries. Blend till smooth. Add the gelatin and blend for half a minute.
- Pour this mixture into the spring form tin over the biscuit base. Keep in the freezer for about six hours to set well. Garnish with an apple fan and some mint leaves, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
The recipe has been edited to include measures more familiar to Australian and New Zealand cooks.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!