San Choy Bow
1 / 1
San Choy Bow
65 people made this
Traditional lettuce-wrapped delight, great as an entree or light meal. Pork mince, water chestnuts and bean sprouts in a tangy sweet sauce.
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
500g pork mince
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
150g mushrooms, finely chopped
6 spring onions, finely chopped
225g can water chestnuts, rinsed and finely chopped
200g bean sprouts, finely chopped
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
50g bean sprouts for garnish
- Carefully remove lettuce leaves so they remain intact. Cut them into a round dish-like shape. Place in a fridge, covered, until required.
- In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and dry sherry.
- Over a high heat cook pork mince, garlic and chilli until pork is browned and cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, spring onions, water chestnuts and bean sprouts until mixed through and somewhat sizzling.
- Add sauce mixture, stirring until completely combined with pork mixture.
- Place lettuce cup on a plate. Top with pork mixture and sprinkle with bean sprouts.
A new family favourite! Super easy and quick to prepare (especially with the food processor), I am happy to make this every week. Thanks.
- 15 Oct 2012
My family all love this. It's not often I get to make everybody happy with the same meal. Food processor is definitely the way to go and it makes for a quick, easy and delicious dinner
- 30 Sep 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate