1 / 1 Picture by:
Serves : 2
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1¾ cup cannellini beans
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1 tin (400g) Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour stewed tomatoes into blender and process until pureed.
- Add a cup of rice with 2 cups of water into the slow cooker along with the beans, corn, herbs, salt, and pepper close the lid and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes till the rice cooked. when the cooker comes to "keep warm " position allow it to be in warm for 5more minutes and then open the lid and transfer it to serving dish. its very tasty to eat while hot.
This recipe has been edited to include ingredients and measures more familiar to Australian and New Zealand cooks.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!