Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks with Silky Eggplant & Garlic Sauce
3 people made this
Prepare garlic sauce first and refrigerate until needed. Scatter some fresh oregano or favourite fresh herb to garnish. Great dish if you love garlic.
4 lamb shanks
½ 230g jar Kraft Eggplant & Garlic Deli Spread
1 brown onion thinly sliced
½ tbs baby capers
1 tbs (GFresh) Yeeros Seasoning
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp pepper steak seasoning
500ml beef stock with garlic
100g natural European yoghurt
1 tsp fresh garlic paste
1 tsp lemon juice
1 spring onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried dill tops
Salt & Pepper
- Rub lamb shanks with Yeeros Seasoning, pepper steak seasoning and olive oil place in cooker.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large jug mix well and pour over lamb shanks.
- Cook on high 3 hours or on Low for 6 hours
- To make the garlic sauce, place all ingredients in a small bowl mix together, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate until needed.
- Serve shanks on top of mashed potato, spoon some of the eggplant & garlic casserole sauce on top then drizzle garlic sauce over the top.
This recipe has been edited to include names of ingredients more familiar to Australian and New Zealand cooks.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate