- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups (315g) icing sugar
- 1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 250g copha (kremelta)
- few drops red food colouring
Preparation:5min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour5min
- Beat the egg whites a little - just to combine - and then mix in the sugar coconut and vanilla.
- Melt the copha over a low heat and stir into the other ingredients.
- Line a square cake tin with baking paper and press half of the mixture into it.
- Drop a few drops of red food colouring into the rest of the mix to make it pink and press it firmly on top.
- Smooth it all out then put in the fridge till set - about an hour - then cut into squares.
250g is way to much copha, I added half of this amount which was about right. - 09 Dec 2010
i added lemon juice to this, a little trick my nan showed me, and halved the copha and it was delish!!! - 22 Dec 2012
Deliciously simple. - 05 Mar 2010