- 2 cups self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 90g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- For the filling
- 120g butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- For the icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
Preparation:25min › Cook:12min › Ready in:37min
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees C.
- Sift flour and salt into bowl, then rub chopped butter into flour using your finger tips.
- Make a well in the centre and add almost all the milk. Mix lightly with a flat-bladed knife, to a soft dough (add the rest of the milk if necessary.)
- Knead dough briefly on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out dough to a 25 x 40cm rectangle of 5mm thickness.
- To make the filling; beat the butter with brown sugar and cinnamon with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over the dough rectangle.
- Roll up dough from the long side and using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 3cm pieces.
- Place scroll pieces on to the greased tray cut-side up. Cook for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with icing.
- To make the icing, combine icing sugar and boiling water in a small bowl beat until smooth.
Used different ingredients. I used margarine instead of butter - purely because of what i had in my kitchen, and it still turned out very yummy!!! Also used melted marg in the icing instead of boiling water and just drizzled it over just before serving. - 18 May 2010
LOVED this recipie, REALLY easy to make and tasted gorgeous! Only lasted all of 5 mins when out of the oven though... kids devoured them! Would be great as a lunch box treat too I think. Will make more, much more tomorrow! Thank you so much for this great cook! :-) :-) - 04 Jan 2011
I used nuttelex instead of the butter, gluten free sr flour & soy milk to make it gluten free & dairy free. - 22 Apr 2012