Muesli Muffin Bars
Serves : 12
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 cups of dried fruit
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of golden or maple syrup
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (fan-forced. 200 degrees C if not.) Grease a 20×16cm tin and set aside.
- Make the oat mixture by mixing rolled oats, plain flour, sugar, cinnamon and dried fruit in a bowl until well combined.
- Make the syrup mixture by melting butter, honey and syrup together over a low heat in a small saucepan. Stir occasionally until combined (some butter residue will sit on top).
- Pour syrup mixture into the oat mixture and mix until it all clumps together.
- Press the final mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. The muesli is ready when a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
- Allow muesli to cool to room temperature in tin. Finally cut the muesli into equally sized rectangles, serve and enjoy!
Loved this, it held together beautifully, no crumbling in the lunch box. Taste is not overly sweet considering how much honey & syrupp it has in it YUM - 13 Apr 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. So sorry, I left out 60g of butter in the ingredients! It's in there now. - 19 Aug 2009
I can't see butter (step 3) in the ingredient listing. How much butter is used in this recipe please? - 03 Aug 2009