Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Serves : 8
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (175g) uncooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- small bunch fresh coriander, diced
- 1 cup (165g) corn
- 2 (400g) tins black beans, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation:30min › Cook:5min › Ready in:35min
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan and stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add spring onions, capsicum, coriander, corn and beans then toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks with a fork. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Try Metro Grocery at Marrickville Metro or online at http://www.montereyfoods.com.au/cart.php - 18 Aug 2010
Where in Sydney can I find black beans? - 16 Aug 2010
Used different ingredients. Fabulous salad. Can't have enough of it. I used Taboulleh and chopped green capsicum and it was fantastic. - 29 Sep 2008