There are many quinoa recipes; however, here are a few tips for using and flavouring quinoa.
- Use it as a side for saucy dishes
- Make quinoa salads with roasted vegetables, fetta and balsamic dressing
- Mexican salad with coriander, spinach, roasted corn, chilli and dressing.
- Mediterranean salad with basil, roasted capsicum, garlic, buffalo mozzarella
- Indian pilaf with garlic, onion, chilli, spices, chicken and spinach
- Use as a base for stuffing mix
- Use in soups, like using barley (quinoa flakes can also be used as a thickener)
- It can be prepared as porridge for a gluten free alternative
- It can also be frozen when cooked for use later